“My experience and background in public service shape my approach to the law. I understand the needs of a nonprofit, how government works, and that legal problems may have non-legal solutions.
One of the most fulfilling parts of being an attorney is showing clients how the law applies to the needs in their lives – whether helping a new physician negotiate an employment agreement, advising first-time parents to create a will, or filing trademark registrations on behalf of a start-up business.
I incorporate writing into my practice because I believe it is essential for attorneys to communicate well with clients, opposing counsel, and the courts.”
Christian H. Brill counsels clients on matters of business formation and governance, estate planning, real estate, contracts, local government law, legislative and regulatory developments, and litigation. He has additional expertise in communications, government relations, media relations, and nonprofit governance.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Brill had an extensive career in local, state, and federal government. He has directed communications for two members of Congress; advocated for the American Heart Association; and managed public relations for the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
A native of Fayetteville, Arkansas, Brill lives in Columbus with his family.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D. with Honors (2010).
Editor in Chief, North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation (2009-2010).
- University of Virginia, B.A. with Distinction (1999).
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2016
- State of Arkansas, 2011
- State of Ohio, 2010
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Baseball Mascots and the Law, 65 U. Kan. L. Rev. 105 (2016) (co-author)
- If I Only Had The Words To Tell You: Billy Joel Lyrics in Medical and Legal Scholarship, at ‘It’s Still Rock and Roll To Me’: The Music and Lyrics of Billy Joel – A Public Musicology Conference, Colorado College (2016)
- Arkansas Law of Damages, 6th Ed. (2014) (co-author)
- The Curious Case of Edward Snowden, Blog: North Carolina Journal of International Law (Dec. 4, 2013)
- Crystal Bridges, Deaccessioning, and the Law, 47 Arkansas Lawyer 22 (Spring 2012)
- Take Me Out to the Hearing: Major League Baseball Players Before Congress, 5 Alb. Govt. L. Rev. 90 (2012) (co-author)
- Art or Assets: University Museums and the Future of Deaccessioning, 28 T.M. Cooley L. Rev. 61 (2011)
- Holy Places in an Unholy World: Will Religious Beliefs Sink India’s ‘Suez of the East’?, 35 N.C. J. Int’l L. & Com. Reg. 447 (2010)
- Geography Bee Winners — Where Are They Now?, Beeline, National Geographic Society, Fall 1999